Wednesday, June 22, 2011

English/British/Irish/UK movie (or show) recommendations, please?

I got a netbook (that has the memory of a laptop) as a grad present
from my mom and for the past two weeks, I've downloaded everything I
wanted to watch and listen to it and I've seen and heard it all, so
now I would like suggestions of movies - or even shows from the UK,
please :)

A few things to keep in mind:

If you don't condone downloading, then I suggest you leave this window
now, cause I'm asking for entertainment suggestions, not to be
preached at for "ruining" actors', artist' and musicians' careers by
not paying for their stuff.

If I had the money and half the stuff was available in my country,
then I'd go out and buy their products, but there's no way I'm paying
for shipping and handling for a $20 DVD. (And postal is on strike at
the moment...)

Secondly:
If, for some reason or other, you think British movies are sh_t, fine,
but don't leave a comment, just leave the window. ;)

Thirdly:
This is a small list of shows and movies I've seen and like, so
HOPEFULLY you can suggest something along these lines... I'm a 17 year
old girl; if that helps at all...

Movies I like and have seen:
Cherrybomb
Killing Bono
Wild Target
Driving Lessons
Submarine - had to bus for 1 hour to get to the only theatre in the
city that was playing it, but I saw it and it was pretty good :)
This is England - I'd give it a 3/5, wasn't my favorite, but it was
entertaining.
Picture of Dorian Grey

Shows I like and have seen:
Misfits
Skins
Inbetweeners
Nevermind the Buzzcocks (game show)
The Mighty Boosh

Things I am interested in seeing, but haven't seen yet:
Dive
Trainspotting
A Room for Romeo Brass
Red Riding

That's about it, HOPEFULLY I get some decent suggestions, if not, at
least I got to type this out and probably improved my typing speed...

No comments:

Post a Comment