Sunday, July 3, 2011

Concerning Folk Metal: Can anyone give me a couple pointers?

So, for quite some time, I have been meaning to start checking out
Folk Metal. I've heard a few tracks here and there, but they never
really resonated with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZ18recO9Afeature=related

Although, after seeing this, I've decided to give it a second chance.
The above link is to a Youtube user named Raz Ben Ari. He bills
himself as a guitar virtuoso and I say he rightly deserves the title,
he's very talented. In the aforementioned link, he performs his own
original composition of ten different Metal subgenres in three
minutes. The most amazing thing about it though is that it all flows
perfectly together into one epic track of awesomeness.

If you care to listen, check out the section he has titled "Folk
Metal." If you could recommend me a few bands or songs that have a
similar sound to that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance y'all!

BQ: Now Playing?
BQ: Ever hear of Raz Ben Ari before?
BQ: Yay or Nay: Shall I keep the "Victorian Vigilante" part of my name
or change it?
I'm thinking maybe "Lord of Lies." What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment